I've been setting up a few about me pages for the Mentor sites and it's cool to get a glance at who some of you are. The “About Me” page on your mentoring website is a very important page. It basically shows the world who you are and lets them know that you ARE a real person. Wait . . . you are? . . . aren't you?
I've had a few people sign up for my Free Mentoring Site, but were unsure as to what to include in their “About Me” page. I've decided to jot down a few suggestions.
Here are some things you should think about including:
- Who you are
- What you do
- Why should anyone work with you
- Why you would love to work with them
- It's always a good idea to include a picture
Here are some examples of “About Me” Pages that I consider to be pretty good:
- Lori, from www.StealMyLunchMoney.com
- Sharon, from www.FreebieByDesign.com
- Stephane, from www.FreebieTrader.ca
Things to keep in mind
- Privacy: Remember, whatever you include online is available for the world to see. You shouldn't include any information that you aren't comfortable sharing.
- Keep it short: Yes, people want to know who you are, but they do NOT want to know your entire life story.
- Make it relevant: You are trying to get referrals for your freebie sites, so you've obviously been involved in the freebie industry. Taylor your “About Me” page to reflect that.