What Exactly is TraInn?
TraInn—formally known as Transcendent Innovations—just so happens to be one of the most mature (longevity-wise) freebie networks out there. TraInn is notorious—and I mean that in a positively good way—for their 1-credit offers. And what’s great about that is that you can green on most TraInn sites with only 1 offer. Now there are good and bad points to TRAINN sites, and I will address them below.
Current Sites and Offers
You can check out current offers available on TraInn sites here
And here’s a list of TraInn sites you can do for referrals as of June 2008:
- The offers on the TraInn network are divided into 2 categories: Level A and Level B. You only need 1 Level A offer to green the site. On the other hand, Level B offers are a little different: they’re assigned points. To green with Level B offers, you need 50 points—which generally requires 2 offers (each Level B offer is assigned a specific point value). So in short, you either: complete 1 Level A offer OR complete enough Level B offers to reach 50 points—sweetly enough, you don’t have to do both.
- Most sites under the TraInn network will pay $40-$50 per referral.
- They’re easy to promote for the most part because you can pay someone $25 to green the site and they only need 1 offer to do it.
- TraInn Sites are not repeatable (Except for YourFree360Games). So once you've cashed out, you are finish. You may not send more referrals and cash out again.
- Customer service is slow. It takes them an average of 2 days to answer support tickets, so patience will definitely be your best ally on this site. On the plus side, once they do get to your ticket, their customer service is phenomenal.
- Prone to scamming. Make sure you get referrals that are reliable. Many people will offer to do a TraInn site for you, go green quickly (get paid), and then go red because of signing up with false information or having multiple accounts with the site. And because of the slow customer service, this is usually not caught until a few days after they have gone green—in other words, long after you’ve paid them. This is a VERY IMPORTANT fact. This is the reason I never offer TRAINN sites to new traders.
The Big Cashout Strategy
There are several approaches to completing TraInn sites. Here are 2 great methods.
If you need cash fast, complete all of the sites as a paid referral. It won’t be hard for you to find people to pay you $25 to be a referral on their TraInn site. Do the math: at $25 per site, you can rack up $325 after just 13 sites. But don’t forget: you still have to pay for your offers. If you are relatively new and have not done a lot of offers before, you should be able to complete all of the required offers for about 100 bucks, leaving you a net profit of $225. So with this first strategy, you need 0 referrals and you can pocket $225 once you’ve paid for the offers.
This strategy is for those who can exercise some patience. If you’re willing to wait, you can make a significant profit by doing green for green trading. If you are relatively new and have not done a lot of offers before, you should be able to complete all of the required offers for about 100 bucks . You are going to get referrals for your site by being a referral. See post and tutorials on “Green for Green Trading” for more information on this trading technique. With this strategy, you can work 2 small TraInn sites (require less than 7 referrals for cash-out) or work 1 large TraInn site (require more than 10 referrals for cash-out). Here’s an example. On Yourfreeflatscreen.com, you need 5 referrals for a payout of $250 ($50 per referral). If you’re paying people to be your ref on the site, your profit is less than 50%. Here’s the breakout: to “motivate” people to be a ref for you, your payout should be at least $25 (50% of what you’re receiving). Five people x $25 = $125. That leaves you a net profit of $125—oh and don’t forget to subtract the cost of going green on the site yourself (so your net profit is actually less than $125).
Well, here’s the beauty of the alternate option: green for green. I recommend doing other TraInn sites or sites that you can green with 1 offer. When you hit 5 (as in you have 5 people who are acting as refs for you in exchange for you being a ref for them), you can cash-out for $250. Repeat the steps for any other sites—like Yourfreevideoipod.com, which has a payout of $300 for 6 refs. Once you have your 6 refs, you can cash-out for $300. Your net profit just with these 2 offers is $475: $25 – Payment for greening for someone else . Ultimately, this approach will put you in a better position to pay for referrals and your TR will be higher than most people that complete 12 offers just using Strategy A. What’s more, the likelihood of running into a scammer on your TraInn site is less since the person that’s greening for you has already greened on a TraInn before.
SAFETY when doing TRAINN sites
Because of the Scamming issues with TRAIN sites. I have some recommendations to keep you safe when trading with TRAINN Sites:
- Never pay for a referral on a TRAINN site if it's their first site they are doing with you.
- If someone contacts you specifically to do a TRAINN site and has a low TR, do NOT do it unless you can verify that they are a legitimate trader.
- Do not advertise your TRAINN sites in your trade thread. Offer them after someone has done at least one site with you.