Simplicity – such a nice word. However, it's not a word that tends to come to mind when we think about blogging or business.
I've been doing this online business stuff for the last 6 years now and over the years, I've made things pretty complicated and now I'm going through the process of simplifying my blogging business.
Listen to This Episode
Here's what I mean:
- I have 2 successful blogs that I'm working on (Interactive Biology and Become A Blogger).
- For Become A Blogger, I've had 3 WordPress installations to run it (3 actual blogs). One for the blog, one for the membership site and one for my squeeze and sales pages.
- I use InfusionSoft for my email marketing and eCommerce. This software is so complicated that I had to hire someone full time just to manage it when I first got it.
Those three things alone make life quite interesting.
So I've decided that in order to move forward efficiently and effectively, I HAVE TO make some serious changes to the way I've structured my business, and over the last few weeks, I've been on a journey to make that happen.
The journey is not over, but I've made some serious headway. Here are some of the things that I've done:
- I've switched to WP Engine for my hosting. These guys specialize in WordPress hosting and make it so that I don't have to worry about a lot of the things I've been worrying about.
- I've gone from 3 WordPress installations to 1
- I'm switching from Infusionsoft to GetResponse. Ahhhhh, I can breathe again.
- A bunch of other things
In addition to the changes I've made, I'm also changing what I focus on as I continue to grow Become A Blogger. What all am I changing?
Well, you've gotta listen to the episode to find out. I can't just give away EVERYTHING on here 😉
So have a listen, learn, enjoy, and TAKE ACTION.
Resources For This Episode
- WPEngine – The hosting company I now host my blogs with
- GetResponse – The service I now use for email marketing
Some people prefer to read along with the podcast episode. Others actually prefer to read than listen. If you are one of those people, not to worry. I've got a transcript right here for you 🙂
About The Podcast
Learning With Leslie is a podcast dedicated to helping you build a business around a blog. No, not one of those blogs that will fall by the wayside when Google has a mood swing, but one that will thrive no matter what gets thrown at it.
I share tips and strategies that I’ve learnt building blogs since 2008 and interview experts who are knowledgable about various aspects of blogging so that we can learn from their experiences.
If you’re a blogger, thinking about becoming a blogger (pun intended) or are not even sure if blogging is right for you, go ahead and tune in to see what this blogging thing is all about.
How to Subscribe To The Show