For the last 3 episodes (this one included), I've been talking about the membership site that I launched for my biology blog.
This has been an awesome experience, and I'm learning so much. In the last 3-ish weeks, the site has made $472 with 16 members.
Listen to This Episode
Here's the beautiful thing – this is recurring income, and if I do what I need to do to not just keep it, but increase my sales, I can see beautiful things (and numbers) happening in the future.
Inside This Episode
Now it's time for a reality check – this is when the real work begins.
Yes, it was nice to do the initial launch, but if you're trying to build a business that generates sales on a regular basis, you're going to have to work at it. So, what I wanted to do in this episode is go over 13 things that I'm implementing to take things to the next level and make more sales consistently from your blog.
Here's the even more interesting part – I'm already implementing some of these strategies. However, there are some that I haven't yet implemented yet. AND, there's a lot of tweaking that will be happening over the upcoming months.
BUT, I can tell you this – I will continue to learn, and I will continue to share my results with you so that you can take action and make more sales.
So what are my 13 tips? Here goes . . .
- Give away something for FREE that is High Value. This helps to build trust with your audience
- Include links to your product
- Have Various Opt in Forms and Squeeze Pages. I use LeadPages to do this.
- Create a follow up sequence that builds intrigue for your product and sells it
- Interview people who have actually bought your product and find out why they purchased
- Figure out EXACTLY who your target audience is
- Rework your sales funnel to target more of those kinds of people
- Leverage popular posts to drive traffic to sales page
- If you're using Youtube, link videos back to your funnel/product
- Create a Youtube video advertising your product/funnel and have that as your recommended video
- Make your sales copy/video better
- Pay for traffic to your sales page
- Continue Tweaking
Of course, there's a lot that can be said for each of those points, and in the episode, I go into much more detail. So listen, take action, and make more sales 🙂
Resources for This Episode
All of the sales and squeeze pages were made using LeadPages. It makes the process relatively easy and I like that. There are thing I LOVE about it and things I HATE about it, but the LOVE list is much longer, so it's what I'm using right now.
- Google URL Builder – For making tracking links
- My Academy Sales Page – Just to see what I'm doing
- My YouTube Opt In Page – Currently converting at 39%
- My Main Opt In Page – Currently converting at 34%
- My Facebook Opt In Page – Currently converting at 29%
- My Error Page – Currently converting at 50%
About The Podcast
Learning With Leslie is a podcast dedicated to helping you build a business around a blog. No, not one of those blogs that will fall by the wayside when Google has a mood swing, but one that will thrive no matter what gets thrown at it.
I share tips and strategies that I’ve learnt building blogs since 2008 and interview experts who are knowledgable about various aspects of blogging so that we can learn from their experiences.
If you’re a blogger, thinking about becoming a blogger (pun intended) or are not even sure if blogging is right for you, go ahead and tune in to see what this blogging thing is all about.
How to Subscribe To The Show