I must say – it has been an interesting journey. Ok, interesting is not the right word – maybe CRAZY. But it has been fun.
Listen to This Episode
So what I decided to do was to record this podcast episode about 13 things I learned throughout this process.
It doesn't end there though, I will be continually learning as I build and grow, and of course, I will share all of that with you.
My Thirteen Things
- Don't always assume people know what you're talking about
- Don't be afraid to email often if you are providing value
- People outside of Internet marketing don't always understand marketing
- Be prepared for the unexpected
- You don't need a lot of content to launch a membership site
- You don't need to have everything figured out. Just the first week
- Sales copy doesn't have to be complicated – What are the benefits?
- Get continuous feedback from your audience and make improvements
- Make sure you are clear about who your target audience is, what they want and where to find them
- Use the same content in multiple ways for optimum value
- Don't try to reinvent the wheel – Use what's there
- After the launch is when the REAL work begins
- Bonus: Track EVERYTHING!
Now of course, I go into many more details in the actual podcast episode, so make sure to have a listen.
Resources for this Episode
About The Podcast
Learning With Leslie is a podcast dedicated to helping you build a business around a blog. No, not one of those blogs that will fall by the wayside when Google has a mood swing, but one that will thrive no matter what gets thrown at it.
I share tips and strategies that I’ve learnt building blogs since 2008 and interview experts who are knowledgable about various aspects of blogging so that we can learn from their experiences.
If you’re a blogger, thinking about becoming a blogger (pun intended) or are not even sure if blogging is right for you, go ahead and tune in to see what this blogging thing is all about.
How to Subscribe To The Show