Looking for a way to build your list faster?
Or how about a way to make money with your blog?
Listen to This Episode
In this week's episode, we're talking about how to create an eBook – a great way to get the ball rolling on building your list and your online business.
Inside This Episode
I remember the first time I created an eBook. It was called “The Freebie Report” and I used it to get people to opt in to my email list when I used to teach people how to make money with Freebie Trading (man, things have changed).
This allowed me to build my first list, which served as the foundation for everything I've built to date.
Later, when I was looking to monetize my Biology blog, I decided to do something a bit different. I decided to create an eBook, more like a study guide, and put it up for sale on my blog. That eBook has been responsible for $10,460.55 in sales to date. Ok, no – that's not as much as many others, but for something that I hardly promote, I think that's pretty decent.
Creating an eBook can be a process that results in significant growth for your blogging business. However, when a lot of people think of creating an eBook, they often think that it's something extremely difficult that only professional bloggers can create.
Well, I have great news – it's not as difficult as you might think, and that's what this episode is all about. I cover:
- Why you should consider creating an eBook
- What questions you should answer BEFORE creating your eBook
- What programs to use to create your eBook (both Mac and PC)
- How to format your eBook
- How to provide your eBook as an opt in incentive
- How to sell your eBook
- Some other stuff 😉
This is a topic I can't believe I haven't covered before, and I'm glad to be able to do so now. So go ahead and have a listen.
- I'm coming to Milwaukee, Wisconsin on Sunday, November 17th to do a Blogging concentrated workshop with my good friend Dan Morris and Maureen Fitzgerald. It's a workshop like I've never seen before and if you're in the area, you want to check it out. Click here for details and a special discounted price of $99.
- We are having a blast with the “Become A Better Blogger in 30 days” challenge using the Lift app. People are taking action and seeing results already, and we're only 1 week in. It's exciting. Come on over and check it out.
- Warren Gibbons from Salt Water Aquarium Secrets called to give feedback about the coaching plan I created on Lift.
- Shannon Gunn from My Piano Smiles called in to ask 2 questions about backlinks: 1) Is it bad to link to your blog from all of your social profiles at once and 2) What should you do if you have spammy sites linking to your blog.
I answer her question in detail on the show. If you have questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to call the hotline at (888) 835 – 2414.
Resources for this episode
- Become A Better Blogger In 30 Days – The Lift app coaching plan that I created. Let's do this!
- Blogging Concentrated – the conference I will be attending on November 17.
- Our caller's websites:
- Word processors that can be used to create an eBook:
- 5 Absolutely FREE Image Sources for Your Blog Posts – where Carey Green talks about some sources for high quality images.
- Sources for high-quality images:
- e-Junkie – a service that provides support for selling products such as eBooks that you sell online.
- Paypal – you can direct payments using this payment system.
- Lead Pages – a service that help you create squeeze pages for people to access your free eBook.
- Optimize Press – a service that helps you create a sales page for your paid eBook.
Some people just love being able to read along with interviews, or they might just prefer to skip the audio completely and just read through the transcript. Hey, if that’s what floats your boat, it is all good. Here’s the transcript just for you
About The Podcast
Learning With Leslie is a podcast dedicated to helping you build a business around a blog. No, not one of those blogs that will fall by the wayside when Google has a mood swing, but one that will thrive no matter what gets thrown at it.
I share tips and strategies that I’ve learnt building blogs since 2008 and interview experts who are knowledgable about various aspects of blogging so that we can learn from their experiences.
If you’re a blogger, thinking about becoming a blogger (pun intended) or are not even sure if blogging is right for you, go ahead and tune in to see what this blogging thing is all about.
How to Subscribe To The Show