Are you just building a blog or are you building something MORE?
Do your blog readers, podcast listeners and video watchers feel as if they are part of something BIGGER?
Are you building a community around your blog?
Listen to This Episode
If not, you better listen to this podcast, because it can change everything you do, and the impact you are able to have. Remember, it's not just about creating content. It's about inspiring others and CHANGING THE WORLD, so lets do this!
Inside This Episode
I remember the first time I felt a part of an online community. Yes, there was a leader, but there was also interaction among the members of that community. I felt a part of something bigger and that there were others on this journey with me. To be honest, I don't know if I would be still blogging today if that weren't the case.
In this episode, I share ten tips (and maybe even one bonus) that I have seen work VERY well when it comes to building a community around your blog. Those ten tips are:
- Start with WHY and SHARE that why.
- Communicate with your audience
- Be one of them
- Get to know the INDIVIDUALS of your community
- Start a conversation and keep it going.
- Make your content EASY to share
- Use commenting plugins like Disqus or LiveFyre
- Use Social Media Platforms that allow members of your community to connect.
- Use Google Plus Hangouts
- Do unexpected nice things
- Bonus – You're just gonna have to listen for this one.
I'm confident that if you were to take action on these tips, you will be building something that's bigger than just a blog. You will be building a community, and that's what it's all about.
- We are still on for August 1, with the switching of Become A Blogger to a multi-author blog with some great content from some great members of the Become A Blogger Community. In this episode, I share some of the titles of articles that have been submitted. We're making GREAT progress and are VERY excited. Stay tuned . . .
- I'm planning on doing a Google Plus Hangout soon. It will probably be next week Thursday. Stay tuned for more details.
- Carey Green from Christian Home and Family called in to ask about how in the world I'm able to have balance with all of the different things that I'm doing. In the episode, I share 5 concrete tips that I've implemented to make this happen.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions for the show, feel free to call the hotline at (888) 835 – 2414
Question for You: What tip do you have for building an online community with your blog?
- Christian Home and Family – Carey Green's blog
- CVille Makeup Artist – Ann Kibler's blog
- Digg Digg – The floating social sharing bar I use on my blog
- Disqus – the commenting plugin I use on this blog
- LiveFyre – an alternative to disqus
- How To Be A Very Productive Blogger (Even With A Full Time Job) – Podcast episode 115, which helps to answer Carey's question
Some people just love being able to read along with interviews, or they might just prefer to skip the audio completely and just read through the transcript. Hey, if that’s what floats your boat, it is all good. Here’s the transcript just for you
About The Podcast
Learning With Leslie is a podcast dedicated to helping you build a business around a blog. No, not one of those blogs that will fall by the wayside when Google has a mood swing, but one that will thrive no matter what gets thrown at it.
I share tips and strategies that I’ve learnt building blogs since 2008 and interview experts who are knowledgable about various aspects of blogging so that we can learn from their experiences.
If you’re a blogger, thinking about becoming a blogger (pun intended) or are not even sure if blogging is right for you, go ahead and tune in to see what this blogging thing is all about.
How to Subscribe To The Show