Is your blog like everyone else's?
Do you ever wonder if you'll ever be able to STAND OUT?
The fact is that there are over 200 Million blogs in existence today. If you're starting a blog (or if you've been working at building your blog) and you want it to be successful, you can't just do what everyone else is doing. You've gotta be a bit different.
Listen to This Episode
That's exactly what we're going to tackle in this week's episode. I'm going to be sharing 5 tips that can help your blog stand out from the crowd, and sharing specific examples to help us all understand how simple things can really help us all build better blogs.
In This Episode
What are the five ways to make your blog Stand Out from the crowd? I'm glad you asked:
- Be as YOU as you can be, and be unapologetic about it
- Share your story
- See what others in your niche are doing, and make a decided effort to do something different
- Do something unexpected
- Do Extensive Research
Ok, I know what you're thinking. You're saying to yourself – “Leslie, that's too simple, and you gave it all away in these short show notes. I don't need to listen to the episode”.
Trust me when I say this – it's not as simple as reading those five tips and moving on. There are specific ways that you can implement them to have maximum impact, and in the episode, I give very specific examples of how I have used some of these tips and how others are using some of these tips in very effective ways.
So go ahead and have a listen.
I've been working on the restructuring of Become a Blogger and I'm very excited. As a part of the process, I'm looking for writers who are knowledgable about blogging. If you'd like to write for Become A Blogger, please fill out the Writers Application Form and we'll get back to you soon.
I just came back from speaking at the Savvy Blogging Summit in Cincinnati, Ohio, where I had a meetup with some great people. Thank you Butch Gibson, Vickie Sceifers, Anita Edwards. It's just awesome to be able to connect with people in person – especially people who have been impacted by the work you do with your blogs.
Yes, I'm a firm believer that we can Create Content, Inspire Others and Change the World and this fine group of people have really reinforced that concept in my mind. Thank you guys. YOU ROCK!
- Mark from MassBassin.com called in to ask about how to manage internal linking to your archives
- David called in to give a great suggestion about how I can vary my intros, and yes – I take his advice
- Cynthia Sanchez from Oh So Pinteresting called in with feedback on my Interview with Michael Stelzner
- Joseph Anzai from FolderPrinters.com calls in with his feedback on the direction that I'm taking Become A Blogger
If you have questions, comments or suggestions for the show, feel free to call the hotline at (888) 835 – 2414
- The Joy Of My Daughters – An excellent example of how Jacqueline Cromwell used a story effectively to increase a connection with her audience.
- The most AWESOME squeezepage ever – How Dan really caught my attention and made me laugh with his squeeze page. I've never laughed at a squeeze page until this one.
- The Social Media Marketing Report – An example on how to create a resource based on extensive research.
- Interview With Michael Stelzner – Episode 116 that Cynthia Sanchez referred to in her call.
- My Vision for the Future of the Become A Blogger Community – The episode referred to by Joseph in his message where I share my vision for this blog and what's happening on August 1.
Some people just love being able to read along with interviews, or they might just prefer to skip the audio completely and just read through the transcript. Hey, if that’s what floats your boat, it is all good. Here’s the transcript just for you
About The Podcast
Learning With Leslie is a podcast dedicated to helping you build a business around a blog. No, not one of those blogs that will fall by the wayside when Google has a mood swing, but one that will thrive no matter what gets thrown at it.
I share tips and strategies that I’ve learnt building blogs since 2008 and interview experts who are knowledgable about various aspects of blogging so that we can learn from their experiences.
If you’re a blogger, thinking about becoming a blogger (pun intended) or are not even sure if blogging is right for you, go ahead and tune in to see what this blogging thing is all about.
How to Subscribe To The Show