AHHHHHH, so much going on right now. Life sure can get crazy. Ok here's the rundown:
- My wife and I had a beautiful baby boy almost 6 months ago (you parents know what that means)
- I'm a University Professor teaching Anatomy, Neuroscience and Pathophysiology in a Doctoral program
- I run Become A Blogger and Interactive Biology – my two blogs/businesses
- I've had to travel to Colombia twice over the last month to be with my mother who's going through medical treatment
- I'm about to start my PhD
Listen to This Episode
Now, I'm definitely NOT complaining here, just setting the foundation for what you're going to listen to in this episode. Life gets CRAZY, but there are things we can do to make sure that our blogs/businesses will continue to grow even in those hectic times.
For this episode, we have a special guest – my little Noah. Yep, I was on “daddy duty” while recording this episode, and Noah was well behaved. So together, we spoke about some of the things that I've done that have really allowed my business to continue even when I'm not able to work.
I also share some of the things I didn't do well and how you can do better. The fact is – having an online business these days allows you to set systems up in place like never before – so why not take advantage of that?
- I'm going through the process of redoing Become A Blogger Premium. I didn't share all of the details, but I wanted you to be aware of that fact and to be on the lookout for awesome things to come.
- I WILL be doing a meetup in Cincinnati, OH while I'm there for the Savvy Blogging Conference. I'll be working on the details over the next few weeks and letting you know about it.
- June, from Journey With June called in to ask for general tips on how to improve her blog.
- Vincent Duncombe from Rich Sinners, Poor Saints called in to ask about the best format for engaging your email list.
Some people prefer to read along with the podcast episode. Others actually prefer to read than listen. If you are one of those people, not to worry. I’ve got a transcript right here for you
- Journey with June – our first caller, June's blog site. June asked for some tips on her blog.
- Rich Sinners Poor Saints – our second caller, Vincent's blog. Vincent asked which method was most effective in increasing subscriber engagement.
- Savvy Blogging Summit – The conference where I'll be speaking about podcasting in Cincinnati Ohio from June 20-21.
- Social Media Examiner – Michael Stelzner's blog.
- Nike+ App – Helps keep track of my progress in running in comparison with friends from around the world.